Police parade five suspected kidnappers
Five suspected kidnappers were on Tuesday paraded by the police among whom was a 70 years old man. The suspects according to Force Public Relations Officer Jimoh Moshood were notorious for operating along the Kaduna-Abuja highway.
They were arrested for kidnapping an eleven years old girl and demanded for ransom. The girl was kidnapped on 19th January but was rescued by the police four days after. The 70 years old man’s house was used as the hostage camp.
Also paraded was a suspected fake police inspector who specializes in defrauding members of the public. The suspect, John Torsoo claims he was in charge of auctioning exhibit cars of the Nigerian Police, thereby defrauding people. He has so far collected #439,000 fraudulently.
The police said all the suspects will be charged to court while advising members of the public to disregard any information relating to sale of cars.
The police also said it is patrolling the Kaduna- Abuja high way 24 hours to ensure safety of road users.
Receive Alerts on: Whatsapp: 08155131310
Twitter: @hotjist
Facebook: hotjist.com
Instagram: hotjist
Share your story with us: SMS: 08155131310
Whatsapp: 08155131310
Email: hotjist@outlook.com
More Stories
UPDATE: POLICE UNCOVER CRIMINAL HIDEOUT AT SAGAMU INTERCHANGE, BEEF UP SECURITY
The Ogun State Police Command on Wednesday said it has beefed up security around the Sagamu interchange, on the Lagos-Ibadan...
FORMER NYSC DG, TSIGA, REGAINS FREEDOM FROM KIDNAPPERS DEN AFTER 2 MONTHS
The former Director General (DG) of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig,-Gen Maharazu Tsiga (rtd) has regained freedom from...
JUST IN: FG ORDERS IMMEDIATE REOPENING OF INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE IN LAGOS
The Minister of Works, Senator David Umahi has directed the immediate reopening of the Independence Bridge in Lagos to vehicular...
LAGOS GOVT ISSUES 24-HOUR EVICTION NOTICE TO UNDER BRIDGE LIVESTOCK REARERS
The Lagos State Government has issued a 24-hour eviction notice to individuals illegally occupying the Oja Oba Underbridge at Adeniji...
SPORTS: KENYA ANNOUNCES STRINGENT DRUG TESTS FOR TOKYO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
Kenyan athletes are to be drug-tested three times to qualify for selection to this summer’s world championships in Tokyo as...
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA DEBUNKS FAKE N5,000 AND N10,000 BANKNOTES CIRCULATION CLAIMS
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has officially discredited viral claims suggesting the introduction of new N5,000 and N10,000 banknotes....