
POLICE PRESENT N11.3M TO BEREAVED ENUGU FAMILIES
By Agency Report
Abubakar Lawal, the Commissioner of Police in Enugu State, has given cheques totaling N11.3 million to the families of the state’s fallen cops.
DSP Daniel Ndukwe, the Command’s Public Relations Officer, said in an Enugu statement on Tuesday that the presentation took place on July 26.
According to Ndukwe, the move is in line with the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Alkali Usman’s commitment to enhancing police staff welfare.
“The commissioner gave cheques worth N11,322,960 to the first set of beneficiaries who have so far presented themselves for the reception of the cheques,” he added.
“They are part of a total of 44 recipients from the command who are set to receive cheques totaling N29,079,137.”
According to the police spokesman, the commissioner praised the IGP for his humanitarianism toward Nigeria Police officers, particularly family members of deceased troops.
Ndukwe stated that the commissioner also commiserated with the recipients and urged them to use the cash wisely for the benefit of themselves and the families of the deceased people.
“The beneficiaries praised the IGP for his enormous humanitarian gestures toward them, promising to spend the monies wisely for the welfare of their respective families,” he added.
NAN
More Stories
BRT BUS IN FLAMES: DRIVER, MOTOR BOY FLEE AS PASSENGERS ESCAPE DEATH IN LAGOS
Passengers aboard a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) vehicle narrowly escaped death on Saturday morning after the bus caught fire in...
UK LABOUR PARTY SUSPENDS MP DAN NORRIS AFTER RAPE ARREST
The UK’s ruling Labour Party on Saturday said that it had suspended MP Dan Norris after he was arrested on...
LAGOS INVESTIGATES DEATH OF PREGNANT WOMAN REFUSED HOSPITAL CARE DURING LABOUR
The Lagos State Government has vowed to hold accountable all parties involved in what it described as “tragic and shocking...
FRSC OFFICIAL, 24 DEAD IN HORRIFIC OGUN MULTIPLE CRASHES
At least 25 people, including an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps lost their lives while eight people were...
MOURINHO HANDED THREE-MATCH BAN, £6,000 FINE FOR NOSE-GRABBING INCIDENT
Fenerbahce manager Jose Mourinho has been banned for three matches and handed a fine of around £6,000 ($7,734.00) after grabbing...
EXAM MALPRACTICE: DON WANTS SMARTPHONES BANNED IN SCHOOLS, VARSITIES
In a bid to curtail the increasing rate of examination malpractice and impact of social media on academic performance government...