
TRANSFER: CHELSEA INTERESTED IN LEICESTER CITY DEFENDER FOFANA
Wesley Fofana, a defender for Leicester City, has caught Chelsea’s attention after they were unable to sign Nathan Ake from Manchester City, and Jules Kounde appears more likely to go to Barcelona.
Fofana signed a two-year contract extension with Leicester in March. His deal runs until 2027.
Chelsea have signed Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli and have made attempts to bring in Manchester City’s Nathan Ake and Sevilla’s Jules Kounde following the departures of Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen.
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel, meanwhile, has admitted he is a “little bit” annoyed with Barcelona over their pursuit of Cesar Azpilicueta.
The 32-year-old has one year left on his Chelsea contract but has reportedly requested to leave the club after a decade at Stamford Bridge in order to join Barcelona.
But Tuchel says he is not sure if he wants to give Azpilicueta “what he wants”, and believes Barca have undervalued the defender, comparing his value to that of recent Chelsea capture Kalidou Koulibaly, who signed for £33m from Napoli earlier this month.
Tuchel responded, “Maybe a little bit,” when asked at the Universal Orlando Resort if he found the Spanish giants’ pursuit of Azpilicueta annoying.
Asked about the Spaniard’s future, Tuchel said: “It’s a tough question because I am not sure if I want to give Azpi what he wants.
“At some point it is about what we want. I just made the comparison about how much we fought for Koulibaly, who is a national team player and roughly the same age.
More Stories
BRT BUS IN FLAMES: DRIVER, MOTOR BOY FLEE AS PASSENGERS ESCAPE DEATH IN LAGOS
Passengers aboard a Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) vehicle narrowly escaped death on Saturday morning after the bus caught fire in...
UK LABOUR PARTY SUSPENDS MP DAN NORRIS AFTER RAPE ARREST
The UK’s ruling Labour Party on Saturday said that it had suspended MP Dan Norris after he was arrested on...
LAGOS INVESTIGATES DEATH OF PREGNANT WOMAN REFUSED HOSPITAL CARE DURING LABOUR
The Lagos State Government has vowed to hold accountable all parties involved in what it described as “tragic and shocking...
FRSC OFFICIAL, 24 DEAD IN HORRIFIC OGUN MULTIPLE CRASHES
At least 25 people, including an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps lost their lives while eight people were...
MOURINHO HANDED THREE-MATCH BAN, £6,000 FINE FOR NOSE-GRABBING INCIDENT
Fenerbahce manager Jose Mourinho has been banned for three matches and handed a fine of around £6,000 ($7,734.00) after grabbing...
EXAM MALPRACTICE: DON WANTS SMARTPHONES BANNED IN SCHOOLS, VARSITIES
In a bid to curtail the increasing rate of examination malpractice and impact of social media on academic performance government...