KADUNA: ARMY RESCUES 11 PEOPLE FROM ABDUCTORS

By: Balogun Ibrahim
The Nigerian Army rescued 11 kidnapped Nigerians in a late-night operation along the Kaduna–Abuja Expressway, thwarting an attempt by terrorists to transport their captives through a bush route.
The Nigerian Armed Forces disclosed the operation on its X account (formerly Twitter) on Tuesday.
The rescue, carried out on January 26, 2026, involved troops from the Forward Operating Base in Doka, acting on intelligence gathered through surveillance.
The army said its troops spotted armed terrorists trying to move their captives along the Gidan Duna–Amale bush track under the cover of night.
The Nigerian Army said troops from the Forward Operating Base (FOB) Doka, using high-definition, long-range CCTV surveillance, detected armed terrorists attempting to move their captives along the Gidan Duna–Amale bush track under cover of darkness and quickly launched a coordinated interception.
The statement added that soldiers pursued the terrorists using tactical vehicles and motorcycles, forcing them to abandon the victims and flee into nearby scrubland.
“A high-speed pursuit with tactical vehicles and motorcycles overwhelmed the criminals, compelling them to leave their captives behind and preventing their escape into the hinterland,” the army said.
The Nigerian Army has rescued five adult males, three adult females, and three children who had been held captive for 92 days.
READ MORE…
BWALA: TINUBU FOCUSES ON DEFENCE, SECURITY, AND ECONOMY DURING TURKEY TRIP
The victims were abducted from Gada Mallam Maman Community on October 26, 2025, and held by terrorists for over three months, the Army said.
“The operation resulted in the successful rescue of five adult males, three adult females, and three children, who had been held in captivity since their abduction on 26 October 2025,” the statement added.
The Army described the mission as a demonstration of its effective use of modern surveillance technology alongside agile ground operations, emphasizing its commitment to restricting criminal activity.
“This decisive action highlights the Nigerian Army’s integration of advanced surveillance with rapid ground operations, underscoring its relentless commitment to protecting lives, securing key routes, and ensuring criminals find no refuge,” the statement said.
The military reaffirmed its resolve to maintain pressure on terrorist and criminal elements operating along major highways and surrounding communities.
More Stories
EMIR AMINU BAYERO NOTIFIES SECURITY AGENCIES OF 2026 EID-EL-KABIR DURBAR PLANS IN KANO
By Aishat Momoh. o. The 15th Emir of Kano, Aminu Bayero, has formally notified security agencies of plans to hold...
OYO POLICE DENY RUMOUR OF RESCUE OF ABDUCTED CRIN WORKERS
Agency Report The Oyo State Police Command has debunked widespread reports claiming that abducted staff members of the Cocoa Research...
APC DECLARES GOV. MUTFWANG WINNER OF PLATEAU GOVERNORSHIP PRIMARY
By Aishat Momoh. O. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared Plateau State Governor, Caleb Mutfwang, as the winner of...
ENUGU POLICE ARREST TWO SUSPECTS OVER ALLEGED DRUG PEDDLING
By Aishat Momoh. O. Operatives of the Enugu State Police Command have arrested two suspects for their alleged involvement in...
GOV. PETER MBAH EMERGES APC SOLE GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE FOR 2027 ENUGU POLL
By Aishat Momoh. O. Enugu State Governor, Peter Mbah, has emerged as the sole governorship candidate of the All Progressives...
COURT ADJOURNS MALAMI, WIFE, SON’S N8.7BN MONEY LAUNDERING TRIAL TO JUNE 23
By Aishat Momoh. O. The Federal High Court in Abuja on Friday adjourned until June 23, 2026, the continuation of...
