Fashion goes beyond t looking good; everything we wear deserves a tender loving care (TLC) be it our shoes, handbags, hats and watches.
To make your shoes, bags and other accessories love you the way you love them, there is a need to treat them right. Here are some basic caring tips
To care for and ensure our bags last longer, the following care tips should be used
1. Never put your handbag on the floor!
There is a whole world of germs and nastiness on the floor, so why place your precious handbag down there? Always try to place your handbag on the back of your chair, on your lap or on a neighboring seat.
Another option is to purchase a handbag table hook to help keep your bag off the floor. It’s an affordable option that’s just a tad larger than a half dollar so it’s easy to carry along wherever you go.
- Handle your handbag with clean hands.
You will want to avoid getting dirt, natural oil and grime on your handbag. If not, you will find yourself always cleaning your bag.
3. Avoid over-cleaning your handbag.
You want to avoid over-cleaning your leather handbags because a build-up of chemical products will also contribute to the destruction of your bag. Spot clean with water as necessary.
4. All handbags are not created equal.
Find out what type of material your handbag is made of because it just may require different instructions to clean and preserve it.
If your handbag is made of leather then you might want to invest in a Leather Cleaner, which is an affordable leather-safe option that will keep your bag clean, sparkling and looking new.
5. Swap out your bags from time to time.
The best way to keep your handbags looking new is to swap them out from time to time! The more you use one bag the more worn it is going to be so be sure to rotate your bags regularly to prevent this from happening.
Our shoes make us feel complete, confident and comfortable there is no excuse for not showing them care. Different shoes has its own care but here are the general tips for shoes
- Know your shoe and the proper caring materials to care for it
- Don’t wear the same pair of shoes often
- Always clean them
- Store shoes with a shoe tree
- Polish your leather shoes
- Let them dry when wet
- Don’t over polish your shoes as this can lead to cracking
- Always allow your shoes to dry at room temperature, away from a heater. Heaters can cause leather to dry out and become brittle, and can also harm the adhesives.
- Don’t store your shoes in shoe boxes for long periods of time. Prolonged storage can cause certain footwear materials to deteriorate, particularly in humid climates.
- Lastly , take them to the shoe repairs
The world of fashion is not only limited to clothing, fashion accessories and clothing have equal significance in an outfit working together to create an ensemble that expresses your style and who you are. You can care for your fashion accessories by
- Avoiding jewelry direct contact with perfume, soap, hair sprays, moth balls, detergent, etc.
- Never in sleeping, bathing, swimming or strenuous exercise wear jewelry. Aroma bath, swimming in chlorine, sea salt, will be coating on the jewelry. All accessories should be removed before bathing or swimming
- Need from time to time clean your accessories, do not use water, ultrasonic cleaner or containing alcohol or any jewelry cleaners available in the market for cleaning. Only use a dry cloth for cleaning.
- Alloy jewelry to avoid prolonged exposure to moist air or under strong light. Jewelry need to be replaced, often with a piece of jewelry, should avoid prolonged wear, jewelry plating, especially in the hot summer, long-term exposure to sweat, easy to erode, so it is best pieces of jewelry to be used as often replaced.
Collision easy to scratch, store to be careful not to be overlapped at jewelry should be stored in the original bag or placed in a small grid with separate jewelry box, to avoid each other grazing scratch the surface of wear is completed jewelry with a clean, soft, dry cloth after use, in order to maintain the luster and durability of the jewelry.