FAYOSE SPENDS FIRST DAY OUT OFFICE IN EFCC DETENTION
Joseph Omoniyi
Former governor of Ekiti state, Ayodele Fayose spent his first day out of office on Tuesday in the detention cell of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in Abuja.
After the dramatic scenes he created yesterday on his arrival at the agency’s office, he was taken into custody.
He will be grilled on his receipt from the Office of the former National Security Adviser (ONSA) the sum of N1.3billion and $5.377million.
The EFCC maintains that the money totalling N4.6 billion was part of the funds stolen from defence vote.
The Nation reported that Fayose denied all the allegations against him and asked the agency to take him to court.
“He made a statement where he denied all the allegations and asked the commission to take him to court.
“So far, he has not responded to how he came about N1.3billion and $5.377million from ONSA. He has more issues to clarify; we are going to detain him,” an EFCC source told The Nation.
More Stories
‘UNITY, PROSPERITY OF YORUBALAND TOP OF MY PRIORITIES’ – OBA OWOADE, NEW ALAAFIN
Oba Abimbola Akeem Owoade is officially installed today as the new Alaafin of Oyo in Oyo town, Oyo State....
WORK TO BEGIN ON INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE IN THREE WEEKS – UMAHI REVEALS
The Minister of Works, Dave Umahi, says that permanent work on the Independence Bridge will commence in three weeks. Briefing...
MWAPA HOLDS FIRST MANAGEMENT MEETING WITH NEW PERMANENT SECRETARY, MRS. RIANAT ‘JIBIKE ONIGBANJO
The Ministry of Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation (MWAPA) held its first management meeting with the newly appointed Permanent Secretary,...
NEWS: SCAVENGER DIES, THREE HOSPITALISED AS MILITARY GRENADE EXPLODES IN LAGOS
A military-grade grenade detonated near Idi-Araba in the Mushin neighborhood of Lagos State, killing one unidentified scavenger. Three additional people...
COURT ARRAIGNS THREE NATIVE DOCTORS FOR ALLEGED RITUAL CRIMES IN ANAMBRA
Three native doctors—Chidozie Nwangwu, also known as "Akwa Okuko Tiwara Aki," Eke Hit, and Onye Eze—have been charged by the...
UPDATE: DEATH TOLL IN PLATEAU ATTACK RISES TO 52
According to local authorities, 52 people have died as a result of the recent attacks in Plateau State's Bokkos Local...