
PREMIER LEAGUE PLAYER FACES TWO FURTHER RAPE CHARGES AFTER BEING ARRESTED ON RAPE CHARGES
A Premier League footballer who was arrested on rape suspicion is now facing two more charges of assaulting a different lady, according to reports.
The player, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was questioned earlier this week by the London Metropolitan Police and has since been discharged on bail until an unspecified date in August.
The individual, a well-known international, had allegedly been arrested early on Monday as a result of an alleged rape that is said to have happened in June.
Allegations over two different incidents from last year then surfaced and Scotland Yard said in a statement: “On 4 July, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police. It was reported that the alleged rape happened in June 2022. On 4 July, a 29-year-old man was arrested at an address in Barnet on suspicion of rape and taken into custody.
“While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s. He has subsequently been released on bail to a date in August.
“Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.”
The player’s club have declined to comment. It remains to be seen whether the player will be involved in his team’s preseason fixtures.
More Stories
OYO STRENGTHENS SECURITY AHEAD OF ALAAFIN’S CORONATION ON SATURDAY
With the coronation of the 46th Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Akeem Owoade, scheduled for Saturday, April 5, 2025, the Oyo...
ANAMBRA 2025: UMEOJI WITHDRAWS FROM APC PRIMARIES
In the lead-up to the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primary election in Anambra, scheduled for Saturday, one of the...
JUST IN: NNPCL NAMES NEW EIGHT-MAN MANAGEMENT TEAM
The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited has unveiled a new eight-member senior management team to oversee the company’s operations and...
PLATEAU ATTACK DEATH TOLL RISES TO 52
The death toll from recent gunmen attacks in several communities within the Bokkos Local Government Area of Plateau State has...
OJULARI TAKES OVER FROM KYARI AS NEW NNPCL BOSS (PHOTOS)
Bayo Ojulari, the newly appointed Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), has officially taken...
NAVY INTERCEPTS 400,000 LITRES OF STOLEN CRUDE IN DELTA OPERATION
The Nigerian Navy’s Operation Delta Sanity II recovered over 400,000 litres of stolen crude oil across the Niger Delta in...