
JUST IN: WE’VE ARRESTED THOSE BEHIND OWO ATTACK – CDS IRABOR
By Sumayyah Olapade
The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, has said those behind the Owo attacks have been arrested.
Some gunmen had stormed St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State, killing no fewer than 40 worshippers.s in the country.
The Federal Government, on the other hand, claimed that the attack was carried out by terrorists from the Islamic States of West Africa Province.
The Chief of Defence Staff confirmed the capture of the Owo attackers during a meeting with editors and media executives in Abuja on Tuesday.
Irabor stated that the suspects would be paraded after the investigation was completed.
“We have accomplished remarkable things since the last time we met,” he said. Let me draw your attention to the fact that, during the same time period, there have been heinous actions by men of the underworld that have harmed our collective well-being, namely the unfortunate train attack, the attack on the Kuje correctional center, and, as previously reported, the attack on the presidential convoy.
“Also, the Owo incident which was intended to bring man and women of the armed forces to present them in a form and shape that make it to look as if the nation is on a siege. We have arrested those behind the dastardly act in Owo.
“It was my intention to present them to the public, but because of the investigation still going on, I had to change my mind. I will like to say that in due course, the world will see them and others who are behind other daring attacks in the country.”
More Stories
ZAMFARA COMMUNITY VIGILANTE MEMBERS AMBUSH BANDITS, KILL 30
At least 30 armed bandits have been killed in an ambush carried out by local vigilante members in the Dansadau...
IGP DIRECTS FID OPERATIVES TO OBTAIN EMIR SANUSI’S STATEMENT IN KANO
.... As NPF withdraws invitation letter The Nigeria Police Force has withdrawn its earlier invitation extended to Alhaji Sanusi in...
POLICE NAB TWO ROBBERY SUSPECTS, RECOVER STOLEN VEHICLES, ITEMS IN ABUJA
Operatives of the FCT Police Command have apprehended two notorious armed robbery suspects linked to multiple car-jacking cases and vehicle...
SANWO-OLU, SOUTH-WEST GOVS MOURN OLUNLOYO, COMMISERATE WITH MAKINDE
•Say ex-Governor's death great loss to Oyo The Chairman of the South-West Governors Forum and Governor of Lagos State, Mr...
LAGOS GOVT LAUNCHES FARMERS’ FORUM ACROSS DIVISIONS TO BOLSTER AGRICULTURAL SECTOR
The Lagos State Government is set to convene a series of crucial stakeholders' forums across the five administrative divisions of...
ANAMBRA 2025: UKACHUKWU EMERGES APC GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE
Nicholas Ukachukwu has emerged as the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate for the upcoming November 8, 2025, election in...