
VINICIUS EXTENDS REAL MADRID DEAL TILL 2027
Vinicius Junior, a Brazilian forward has signed a new contract with Real Madrid that runs until 2027, the Spanish club announced on Tuesday.
“Real Madrid and Vini Jr. have reached an agreement to extend the player’s contract, linking him to the club until 30 June 2027,” the club said in a statement.
Vinicius, 23, joined Madrid in 2018 from Brazilian club Flamengo and has developed into one of La Liga’s standout players, scoring the winning goal in last year’s Champions League final against Liverpool.
His existing contract was due to expire at the end of this season. Local media reported an extension had already been agreed last year, but it was only made official on Tuesday.
The club provided no financial details, but Spanish media reported the arrangement includes a one-billion euro ($1.06 billion) release clause—identical to those inserted into the contract of several Barcelona youngsters.
Vinicius finished sixth Monday in this year’s Ballon d’Or voting and also received the Socrates award, named after the Brazil icon, in recognition of his humanitarian work.
More Stories
UPDATE: DEATH TOLL IN PLATEAU ATTACK RISES TO 52
According to local authorities, 52 people have died as a result of the recent attacks in Plateau State's Bokkos Local...
WORLD NEWS: US TARIFFS A ‘SIGNIFICANT RISK’ TO GLOBAL ECONOMY – IMF CHIEF
Agency Report New US tariffs "clearly represent a significant risk to the global outlook," said IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva on...
JUST IN: PDP, YORUBA LEADER, YEKINI ADEOJO PASSES AWAY
Tears and tributes are pouring in following the passing of Chief Yekini Adeojo, a highly respected political elder and traditional...
TRUMP LAUNCHES $5m ‘GOLD CARD’ FOR WEALTHY NIGERIAN MIGRANTS, OTHERS
U.S. President Donald Trump has unveiled the first “gold card,” a residency permit set to be sold for $5 million...
GOV UZODINMA SWEARS IN ACTING IMO CJ, TWO COMMISSIONERS
Along with two new commissioners, Prof. Bernard Ikegwuoha and Dr. (Mrs.) Chioma Egu, Justice Theophilus Nnamdi Nzeukwu was sworn in...
(UPDATE) NATASHA VS AKPABIO: COURT RESTRAINS PARTIES FROM GRANTING INTERVIEWS
The Federal High Court in Abuja's Justice Binta Nyako has prohibited parties to the lawsuit brought by suspended Senator Natasha...