
UPDATE: SANWO-OLU ORDERS INVESTIGATION INTO ATTACK ON JOURNALISTS
The Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has ordered an investigation into the attack on a bus carrying journalists on Lagos Island on Sunday.
Gbenga Omotoso, the Lagos Commissioner for Information and Strategy, stated this in a press statement on Monday.
During the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate Bola Tinubu’s visit to the palace of the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, on Sunday, journalists were attacked by Ebute-Ero, Adeniji, and Iga-Iduganran.
The two people were injured, and the vehicle that was transporting the journalist was vandalized.
The statement read in part, “Sanwo-Olu has directed also that those involved must be fished out and made to face the law. Besides, the government will pick up the hospital bills of those injured in the incident.
“Lagos State Government condemns the incident. We hold the media in high esteem and the government has always ensured that they have a conducive environment to perform their duties.
“Nobody or group will be allowed to destroy our cordial relationship with the media. Lagos has no room for hooligans.”
The Nigeria Union of Journalists, Lagos State Council, had earlier strongly denounced the reported attack on journalists in the state by hoodlums and criminal elements on Sunday.
Adeleye Ajayi, chairman of the NUJ Lagos chapter, expressed his anger with the incident, calling it “dastard, savage, evil, and the height of lawlessness.”
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...