
AUBAMEYANG SIDELINED FOR 3 WEEKS AFTER SUFFERING BROKEN JAW DURING HOME ROBBERY
Barcelona striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang suffered a broken jaw during a robbery at his house earlier in the week.
Aubameyang was assaulted in the early hours of Monday morning when a gang broke into his home equipped with firearms and iron bars.
Club sources initially said Aubameyang and his wife — who were handcuffed during the burglary with their kids also inside the property in Castelldefels, just outside of Barcelona — did not receive serious injuries.
But sources have confirmed that the former Arsenal striker did break his jaw during the break-in and will be out for around three weeks, which could have implications on a proposed move to Chelsea.
Barca and Chelsea held talks on Tuesday over a deal for Aubameyang and will meet again on Wednesday to discuss a possible transfer.
The Premier League team has been very clear that they will not pay more than €20 million for the forward, but Barca was initially refusing to accept less than €30 million.
Aubameyang’s jaw injury has, however, slightly altered the discussion scenario, with a loan to the west London club appearing as a potential resolution.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...