TROOPS RESCUE 86 KIDNAPPED VICTIMS, ARREST 29 TERROR SUSPECTS IN BORNO
Troops of the Joint Task Force North East, Operation Hadin Kai (OPHK), have rescued 86 kidnapped victims and arrested 29 suspected terrorists’ logistics suppliers in Borno State.
The Defence Headquarters confirmed that the operations were carried out during coordinated clearance and counter-terrorism missions in several parts of the state.
According to reports, troops of the 135 Special Forces Battalion, Sector 2 OPHK, rescued the victims during an encounter with terrorists near Dutsen Kura along the Damaturu–Buratai–Biu road. The victims — men, women, and children — were rescued after a fierce gun battle with Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) insurgents.
During the operation, troops destroyed 11 makeshift structures used by the terrorists and recovered one AK-47 rifle, five magazines loaded with 73 rounds of ammunition, four PKT ammunition belts, five civilian vehicles, five motorcycles, eight bicycles, and two tricycles used for logistics.
In a separate operation at Mangana agricultural hub in Biu Local Government Area, troops arrested 29 suspected terrorists’ logistics suppliers. The suspects were intercepted while transporting supplies to insurgents in Chilaria. Items recovered from them included two pickup vans, a tricycle loaded with about 1,000 litres of petrol in jerry cans, four gallons of engine oil, two new gun truck tyres, medical consumables, and large quantities of foodstuffs and provisions.
A military source said no casualties were recorded among the troops during the operations.
The Defence Headquarters commended the troops for their gallantry and professionalism, reaffirming its commitment to eliminating terrorist elements and dismantling their supply networks across the North-East.
Security analysts say the operation highlights the military’s increasing success in cutting off logistics channels and rescuing civilians from insurgent captivity.
The rescued victims are currently being profiled before being reunited with their families, while investigations into the activities of the arrested suspects are ongoing.
More Stories
LAGOS APC GUBER PRIMARY: SANWO-OLU HAILS APC MEMBERS’ TURNOUT, DESCRIBES POLL AS PEACEFUL, FREE, FAIR
The Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Thursday participated in the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primary election...
OYO KIDNAPPING CARRIED OUT BY DISLODGED TERRORISTS- DHQ
The Defence Headquarters said that the recent kidnapping in Oyo State was done by terrorists who had been forced to...
ASUU URGES TINUBU, SOUTHWEST GOVERNORS TO TACKLE KIDNAPPING, INSECURITY
HOTJIST NEWS The Academic Staff Union of Universities, Ibadan Zone, on Thursday called on President Bola Tinubu and the South-West...
TINUBU HAS NO PLAN TO RENAME NIGERIA, ABOLISH SHARIA LAW- PRESIDENCY
HOTJIST NEWS The Presidency dismisses viral report and states clearly that there is no truth to the viral fake story...
WIKE’S ALLY KINGSLEY CHINDA WINS RIVERS APC GOVERNORSHIP PRIMARY ELECTION
BY JENN NOMAMIKUKOR Kingsley Chinda, who is part of the House of Representatives, has won the All Progressives Congress (APC)...
COURT NULLIFIES INEC DEADLINES FOR PARTY PRIMARIES, CANDIDATE NOMINATION
A federal high court in Abuja has canceled the time schedules set by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for...
