FIFA World Cup Group C Match Statistics
MEXICO VS POLAND
Venue: Stadium 974
Mexico 0- 0 Polan
Mexico XI (4-3-3): Ochoa; J. Sánchez, Montes, Moreno, Gallardo; Edson Álvarez, Herrera, Chávez; Lozano, Martin, Vega
Poland XI (4-5-1): Szczęsny; Bereszyński, Glik, Kiwior, Cash; Kamiński, Kyrchowiak, Szymański, Zieliński, Zalewski; Lewandowski
- 17 per cent of Poland’s games at the World Cup have finished goalless (6/35), the highest percentage of any team to play at least 15 games at the tournament.
- Mexico have failed to score in each of their last three World Cup matches, the first time they have done so since another three-game run between 1966 and 1970.
- Poland have failed to win their opening game at the World Cup in each of their last seven participations, a run that started in 1978 (D4 L3). They have scored just one goal across those seven matches.
- Since full data collection is available for the World Cup (1966), Poland are the first team to fail to convert three consecutive penalties – Kazimierz Deyna vs Argentina in 1978, Maciej Zurawski vs USA in 2002, and Robert Lewandowski vs Mexico this year.
- Since his first appearance at the tournament in 2014, only Belgium’s Thibaut Courtois (39) has made more saves at the World Cup than Mexico’s Guillermo Ochoa (37).
Possession: Mexico 58%-42% Poland
Shots: Mexico 8-3 Poland
Shots on target: Mexico 4-1 Poland
Corners: Mexico 6-5 Poland
Fouls: Mexico 14-15 Poland
Yellow Card: Mexico 2-1 Poland
Red Card: Mexico 0-0 Poland
Agency Report As part of its efforts to decongest the centres, the Federal Government has compensated N52 million in penalties...
The airstrike that occurred at Tudun Biri village in Kaduna State on Sunday, which resulted in numerous villager deaths and...
Police officers from the Orile Divison of the Lagos State Police Command, has arrested a 27-year-old suspected cultist, Ahmed Ololade...
The election of Paul Bassey, Chairman Akwa United Football Club of Uyo, Akwa Ibom state as the 2nd Vice President...
Following an attempted coup in the country of Guinea-Bissau, the president signed an order on Monday dissolving the parliament. “The...
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has denied any involvement in the bombing at Tudun Biri village in Kaduna State's Igabi...