JUST IN: UNKNOWN GUNMEN ABDUCT NINE PERSONS IN ABUJA
Nine yet-to-be-identified persons have been kidnapped by unknown gunmen Pegi, a community in Kuje Area Council, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
The attackers reportedly dressed in military camouflage, were said to have ambushed their victims, including a 12-year-old boy around 8 p.m. on Monday, while returning home.
Pegi Community Development Association Chairman, Mr Taiwo Aderibigbe, told newsmen that the attackers also shot at two vehicles including the driver of a pick-up van who sustained injuries.
He added that the victim had been taken to a hospital and the incident reported to the police.
The spokesperson of the abuja Police Command, Anjuguri Manzah who confirmed the report said that they had launched a manhunt for the kidnappers in a view to rescuing the victims.
Manzah said, “The Police Command of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, wishes to inform the public that it is making a concerted effort to rescue the persons kidnapped around Pegi community on Monday at about 2100hrs.
“Though details of the incident is still sketchy, the command is urging members of the public to be calm while the police intensify effort to rescue and reunite victims with members of their families.
“Meanwhile, we call on the public to be security-conscious and provide information to the police and other relevant security agencies on any suspicious movement they notice around them.”
More Stories
HEALTH: SIERRA LEONE STARTS MPOX VACCINATION AS CASES RISE
Sierra Leone on Wednesday started injecting frontline health care workers and high risk-individuals and children from age 12 with a...
NATASHA SLAMS YAHAYA BELLO, URGES HIM TO FOCUS ON CLEARING HIS NAME
Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, has urged former governor Yahaya Bello to focus on addressing the corruption allegations against...
TRUMP SLAPS HEAVY TARIFFS ON CHINA, EU, OTHERS
Agency Report US President Donald Trump on Wednesday unveiled a raft of punishing tariffs targeting countries around the world, including...
UPDATE: POLICE UNCOVER CRIMINAL HIDEOUT AT SAGAMU INTERCHANGE, BEEF UP SECURITY
The Ogun State Police Command on Wednesday said it has beefed up security around the Sagamu interchange, on the Lagos-Ibadan...
FORMER NYSC DG, TSIGA, REGAINS FREEDOM FROM KIDNAPPERS DEN AFTER 2 MONTHS
The former Director General (DG) of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig,-Gen Maharazu Tsiga (rtd) has regained freedom from...
JUST IN: FG ORDERS IMMEDIATE REOPENING OF INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE IN LAGOS
The Minister of Works, Senator David Umahi has directed the immediate reopening of the Independence Bridge in Lagos to vehicular...