
VIDEO: RONALDO CHARGED FOR SMASHING EVERTON’S SUPPORTER’S PHONE
Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged with a breach of “rule E3” by the Premier League Football Association.
The charge is in relation to footage that appeared to show the Manchester United forward smashing a phone out of an Everton fan’s hand following a match at Goodison Park.
Ronaldo issued an apology following the incident on April 9, saying: “I would like to apologise for my outburst.”
The Portugal international added: “We always have to be respectful, patient and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game.”
Ronaldo was cautioned by police last month over the incident.
FA rule E3 states: “A participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.”
More Stories
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...
INEC NOT PARTISAN IN NATASHA’S FAILED RECALL – SPOKESPERSON
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi...
EDO GUBER TRIBUNAL JUDGMENT BETRAYS JUDICIAL IMPARTIALITY — PDP
The National leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has described the judgment of the Edo State Governorship Election Petition...
“WE WERE HELD WITH HYENAS, SNAKES” – GENERAL TSIGA RECOUNTS KIDNAP ORDEAL
Former Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier General Maharazu Tsiga (rtd), who spent over two months in...
NATASHA HAILS INEC, MOCKS RIVALS OVER FAILED RECALL BID
The lawmaker representing Kogi Central, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, on Thursday, commended the Independent National Electoral Commission for rejecting the process...
I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE CLOSURE – UMAHI
The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has said that he was unaware of the closure of the Independence Bridge in...