KADUNA: ARMY RESCUES 11 PEOPLE FROM ABDUCTORS

By: Balogun Ibrahim
The Nigerian Army rescued 11 kidnapped Nigerians in a late-night operation along the Kaduna–Abuja Expressway, thwarting an attempt by terrorists to transport their captives through a bush route.
The Nigerian Armed Forces disclosed the operation on its X account (formerly Twitter) on Tuesday.
The rescue, carried out on January 26, 2026, involved troops from the Forward Operating Base in Doka, acting on intelligence gathered through surveillance.
The army said its troops spotted armed terrorists trying to move their captives along the Gidan Duna–Amale bush track under the cover of night.
The Nigerian Army said troops from the Forward Operating Base (FOB) Doka, using high-definition, long-range CCTV surveillance, detected armed terrorists attempting to move their captives along the Gidan Duna–Amale bush track under cover of darkness and quickly launched a coordinated interception.
The statement added that soldiers pursued the terrorists using tactical vehicles and motorcycles, forcing them to abandon the victims and flee into nearby scrubland.
“A high-speed pursuit with tactical vehicles and motorcycles overwhelmed the criminals, compelling them to leave their captives behind and preventing their escape into the hinterland,” the army said.
The Nigerian Army has rescued five adult males, three adult females, and three children who had been held captive for 92 days.
READ MORE…
BWALA: TINUBU FOCUSES ON DEFENCE, SECURITY, AND ECONOMY DURING TURKEY TRIP
The victims were abducted from Gada Mallam Maman Community on October 26, 2025, and held by terrorists for over three months, the Army said.
“The operation resulted in the successful rescue of five adult males, three adult females, and three children, who had been held in captivity since their abduction on 26 October 2025,” the statement added.
The Army described the mission as a demonstration of its effective use of modern surveillance technology alongside agile ground operations, emphasizing its commitment to restricting criminal activity.
“This decisive action highlights the Nigerian Army’s integration of advanced surveillance with rapid ground operations, underscoring its relentless commitment to protecting lives, securing key routes, and ensuring criminals find no refuge,” the statement said.
The military reaffirmed its resolve to maintain pressure on terrorist and criminal elements operating along major highways and surrounding communities.
More Stories
WORLD CUP FAN SONGS GO VIRAL AS AI MUSIC TREND SPARKS COPYRIGHT DEBATE
By Aishat Momoh. O. Football fans are increasingly using artificial intelligence to create and circulate viral songs supporting their teams...
TARABA GOV KEFAS WINS APC GOVERNORSHIP PRIMARY IN LANDSLIDE VICTORY
By Aishat Momoh. O. Governor Agbu Kefas has been declared the winner of the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship primary...
LAGOS RECORDS 1,437 CHILD PROTECTION CASES, CONDUCTS OVER 5,700 INTERVENTIONS – STATE GOVT
Agency Report The Lagos State Government says it has intensified efforts to combat child abuse, trafficking, neglect, and abandonment, recording...
NEMA WARNS OF PEAK FLOODING IN KEBBI, IDENTIFIES 12 HIGH-RISK LGAs
By Aishat Momoh. O. The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has warned that September this year will mark the peak...
LENS WIN FIRST-EVER FRENCH CUP AFTER 3–1 VICTORY OVER NICE IN FINAL
Agency Report RC Lens claimed their first-ever French Cup title on Friday after defeating Nice 3–1 in the final at...
EMIR AMINU BAYERO NOTIFIES SECURITY AGENCIES OF 2026 EID-EL-KABIR DURBAR PLANS IN KANO
By Aishat Momoh. o. The 15th Emir of Kano, Aminu Bayero, has formally notified security agencies of plans to hold...
