
TUCHEL CHARGED BY ENGLISH FA FOR ‘IMPROPER CONDUCT’ FOR COMMENTS OVER REFEREES’ JUDGEMENT
The English Football Association (FA) said on Monday that Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has been charged with “improper conduct” for his comments regarding referee Anthony Taylor’s judgement during the heated Premier League tie with Tottenham Hotspur.
Temperaments erupted, as both Tuchel and his counterpart Antonio Conte lost their cool. Tuchel accused Taylor and the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) Mike Dean of making bad calls that ultimately allowed Spurs to leave Stamford Bridge with a point.
Last week, Dean acknowledged that he had misjudged in not requesting Taylor to look into an incident in which Spurs’ Cristian Romero pulled the hair of Chelsea defender Marc Cucurella. Tuchel was furious with Dean’s admission.
“It is alleged that the manager’s comments in his post-match press conference constitute improper conduct… they imply bias and/or question the integrity of the match referee, and/or bring the game into disrepute,” the FA said.
The FA added that Tuchel has until Thursday to respond to the charge.
Tuchel had already received a suspended touchline ban and £35,000 ($41,132) fine following his confrontation with Spurs boss Antonio Conte.
More Stories
HEALTH: SIERRA LEONE STARTS MPOX VACCINATION AS CASES RISE
Sierra Leone on Wednesday started injecting frontline health care workers and high risk-individuals and children from age 12 with a...
NATASHA SLAMS YAHAYA BELLO, URGES HIM TO FOCUS ON CLEARING HIS NAME
Senator representing Kogi Central, Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, has urged former governor Yahaya Bello to focus on addressing the corruption allegations against...
TRUMP SLAPS HEAVY TARIFFS ON CHINA, EU, OTHERS
Agency Report US President Donald Trump on Wednesday unveiled a raft of punishing tariffs targeting countries around the world, including...
UPDATE: POLICE UNCOVER CRIMINAL HIDEOUT AT SAGAMU INTERCHANGE, BEEF UP SECURITY
The Ogun State Police Command on Wednesday said it has beefed up security around the Sagamu interchange, on the Lagos-Ibadan...
FORMER NYSC DG, TSIGA, REGAINS FREEDOM FROM KIDNAPPERS DEN AFTER 2 MONTHS
The former Director General (DG) of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brig,-Gen Maharazu Tsiga (rtd) has regained freedom from...
JUST IN: FG ORDERS IMMEDIATE REOPENING OF INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE IN LAGOS
The Minister of Works, Senator David Umahi has directed the immediate reopening of the Independence Bridge in Lagos to vehicular...