
POLICE ARREST EX-CONVICT WITH TWO SUSPECTED STOLEN GENERATORS
Officials of Rapid Response Squad (RRS) over the weekend arrested an ex-convict allegedly working as a guard at Ojota New Garage for being in possession of two suspected stolen 2.8 KVA generators.
The suspect, Yekini Opeyemi, 35, was arrested at about 4:00 a.m. near Odo-Iya Alaro, Ojota in company of others (now at large) trying to load one Firman and one Tigmax generator, 2.8 KVA each, into a Volkswagens Golf car. The driver on sighting the police officers sped off, leaving Yekini behind.
Investigation revealed that Yekini, who arrived Lagos last week was employed as a security guard at Ojota New Garage. When accosted, Yekini, who has been imprisoned on four different occasions over separate incidents, could not give any satisfactory explanation about the generators.
The Commissioner of Police, CP Abiodun Alabi, while commending the RRS Commander, CSP Yinka Egbeyemi, has directed that the case be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti for further investigation and prosecution.
More Stories
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...
INEC NOT PARTISAN IN NATASHA’S FAILED RECALL – SPOKESPERSON
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has denied being partisan in handling the failed recall of the Senator representing Kogi...
EDO GUBER TRIBUNAL JUDGMENT BETRAYS JUDICIAL IMPARTIALITY — PDP
The National leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has described the judgment of the Edo State Governorship Election Petition...
“WE WERE HELD WITH HYENAS, SNAKES” – GENERAL TSIGA RECOUNTS KIDNAP ORDEAL
Former Director-General of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), Brigadier General Maharazu Tsiga (rtd), who spent over two months in...
NATASHA HAILS INEC, MOCKS RIVALS OVER FAILED RECALL BID
The lawmaker representing Kogi Central, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan, on Thursday, commended the Independent National Electoral Commission for rejecting the process...
I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT INDEPENDENCE BRIDGE CLOSURE – UMAHI
The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has said that he was unaware of the closure of the Independence Bridge in...