
U-20 WORLD CUP: FALCONETS DEFEATED 2-0 IN QUARTER FINAL TO CRASH OUT OF COMPETITION
The Nigerian Falconets crash out of the Women’s Under-20 World Cup in Costa Rica after suffering a 2-0 defeat from European side Netherlands in the quarter final of the competition.
The Giants of Africa were hit by two goals in the first half despite having more of the possession. Despite doubling their efforts in the second half, they were unable to overturn the deficit. The African side was fluid in transition with more intent and aggression on the ball but were wasteful in the final third.
In the second half, the Falconets had several opportunities but were denied by the Neitherland’s goalkeeper, who controlled the entire box area.
They were denied a late penalty by the VAR following an arm ball by a neitherland’s defender, ending their competition run without a goal in the quarter-final round.
The Falconets had been a delightful team, claiming victories in three games to earn a perfect point in the group round.
Along with Brazil, Spain, and the United States, Nigeria is still one of the four nations that have taken part in every edition of the women’s under-20 competition.
More Stories
LESOTHO BEARS THE BRUNT AS NEW US TARIFFS SHAKE AFRICA
The small African kingdom of Lesotho said Thursday it would “urgently” send a government delegation to the United States to...
OVER 60% OF CORRUPTION CASES LINKED TO HEALTHCARE, INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDS — ICPC
The Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Musa Aliyu (SAN), has revealed that over 60...
UK COURT ORDERS TRUMP TO PAY £625K OVER FAILED LAWSUIT
The High Court in London on Thursday ordered US President Donald Trump to pay £625,000 ($741,000) in legal costs after...
FERNANDEZ FIRES CHELSEA INTO FOURTH, PILING PRESSURE ON POSTECOGLOU
Chelsea climbed to fourth place in the Premier League as Enzo Fernandez sealed a 1-0 win that piled pressure on...
COURT BARS POLICE, DSS FROM ARRESTING FUBARA’S CHIEF OF STAFF
A Rivers State High Court in Port Harcourt has barred the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Services from...
I’LL SOON EXPOSE SEXUAL ASSAULT EVIDENCE AGAINST AKPABIO — NATASHA
Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan of Kogi Central Senatorial District says she will soon present evidence of sexual harassment against Senate President...